View Single Post
Old 26-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Well. I don’t know the answers to my question, which is why I asked it, to explore it.
Because sometimes it can be a bit ambiguous, who is dreaming whom.
Is it the absolute/totality dreaming up the relative or the relative dreaming up the absolute?

It doesn't seem to follow in any reason or logic, but each cultural paradigm rests on its particular 'dreaming', or mythology, in other words.

Quote:
I think there can be 3 different approaches to “path”.
One is to study/follow a specific spiritual philosophy, dogma or belief and do the practices/ rituals etc. i.e. take the mapped, charted route. The safe option.

The other (more intuitive) approach is to just to remain “unoccupied” (not-doing, not-knowing) and enter the unknown, uncharted territory, the wilderness with nothing but the “antenna” on the top of your head (so to speak), letting the path spontaneously manifest/unfold itself - if it will.
Here the resonating reflections (like echoes of eternity) can be anything (take any form) at any-time and act as guidance and they do have a trance-like, dreaming, non-dual quality about them.

I think as we stop to observe we can see how the experience unfolds, but seemingly without any inherent reason as to why or how, and we become somewhat reduced to 'it just is', but as we see, each culture is a historical narrative which begins with mythical creation stories. I have found that these vastly differing epistemologies all 'make sense' in that they provide a foundation or fundamental framework for giving meaning, and making a 'way of understanding', which seems appropriate in any given cultural context.

Quote:
The third approach is perhaps a mixture of both, the intuitive and the grounding knowledge.

Haven’t got a clue what Kierkegaard meant with his “highwayman” (not familiar with Kierkegaard), so I make up my own story.
On that intuitive path there is Spirit waiting in ambush on every mountain pass or ravine and like a “highwayman” demands that you drop your luggage, your valuables, your clothes, well everything in order to proceed onward the next leg of your desolate situation on the path created (by whom?).

I've not read Kierkegaard. But true enough to say that the concept of 'mine' is also understood in various ways in different cultures, according to the respective worldview regarding 'what is a person'.