View Single Post
Old 16-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The general consensus seems to be, that once you shift and have the realization of “Oneness” - that is it - you are now awake and no longer dreaming.
But can: Everything is present, yet nobody is home … be a dreaming state as well?

I question this, because (getting into biographical stories here) “I have experienced” 3 (4) different awakenings from within different spiritual cultural perspectives/settings.

And yes, the core realization has been the same in each, but the curious thing is, that those moments of enter into the dimension beyond time and space came with perfectly timed (synchronistic), spontaneously manifested, highly specific cultural wrappings/phenomena unfolding “on cue” to witness.

A myth is just a myth and a pointer story until you wake up within one (or go lucid in your dream) and then the elements/symbols and the power of that myth become direct inner knowing as they spontaneously manifest and unfold.

I recently read:

So is non-duality a trance i.e. a dream state of consciousness?

Good question. Consider this. If there is nothing but the dream of difference where there is no difference whatsoever, then where else is there for the concept of non duality to arise? In this response Oneness is not meant to describe some kind of entity but that despite the very convincing appearance of difference, All is One.

Its an idea, a story. That does not degrade it because there would be nothing but stories in an illusion of difference. So whatever a seeker may select as a solution to the spiritual search would have no more claim to truth than any other, so one would not have to carry the burden of first establishing whether the story resonated with was true or not. For a graphic example of this see Soren Kierkegaard's parable of the highwayman.