View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 06:49 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
The brain is a terrible thing at times

If we COULD record paranormal phenomena convincingly beyond all doubt then we could rule out the brain but until then.....

If these phenomena are real then they must have an objective existence so must be capable of at least some scientific capture of data.

As long as they remain ONLY subjective the possibilities of imagination, hallucination, dream, wishful thinking even at worst fraud cannot be totally ruled out

Apparently people like Tesla were engaged in means to capture this; I deeply yearn for the day something is captured convincingly

Somebody like myself who has had no previous experiences and others like me would really value this

That is a belief of how we think reality SHOULD BE. This isn't so, reality just is and it would be arrogance to demand how reality should be.

Think about this possibility: If this really was a simulation/virtual reality, then the brain would simply be a data representation and hence, the brain "doing things" does not negate anything.

The general idea is that we have a body and there is this spirit who lives inside which can go out. Well, what if they are one and the same thing? What if consciousness is the only thing that exists?

That is just one possibility. Look at these things from an open-minded view without going all the way. Do not let yourself reject everything because you are afraid of looking like a fool.

Another example, say you manage to learn remote viewing. You try multiple times until you become good at it and can almost always get the correct answer (statistical analysis). Even if the chances were one in a billion that they could all be coincidences, you would probably still cling to that one in a billion because you convinced yourself that it could not be.

That is just one example, there are many others but it would be redundant to list them all.

Of course, you can wait and let Science try to do all the work for you but you could be stuck waiting for a long time (if ever).