View Single Post
Old 29-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Master

Hi there

I have quite a bit of history with both of these conditions.

Please know that I am not an aromatherapist, I have just come to this thread wanting to offer support.

I wonder if your intuition is guiding you to anything in particular? (If it is for yourself... or even to help someone else).

I would imagine that it may depend on the energetics of your depression as to what oils would be best suited for your needs?

I have relapsed into bouts of depression for various reasons. Sometimes grief or lonliness, othertimes frustration or boredom or feeling a lack of purpose and at other times due to the energetic wounds from my childhood.

I have found Lavender and 'warmer' smelling oils to be useful for grief- comforting smells. It is sometimes useful to use in conjunction with oils that assist with releasing emotional pain... but only if we are ready to do so.

Lemongrass I LOVE as it is cheerful and uplifting and energising. I also love peppermint for this reason as well.. it has the added benefit of being calming too. Both these oilscan be quite overpowering I have found... so I use them sparingly.

Each of these emotions have a slightly different energy about them and I would imagine that the oil which you intuitively choose may help with your specific needs.

I wish you the very best in healing, if it is you or someone in your life experiencing these things.