View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Understanding there's almost a endless selection of spiritual paths to take. How did you choose the one you're on? What does your path do for you? What is your end goal?
In fact, there are as many different spiritual paths as those who walk upon them. Even "no path" is still a path!

The path that I took doesn't really exist anymore...It was one of those religions which died out and did not survive beyond the 13th Century.

How did I choose the path I am on? I was never really sure whether I was a Shaivite Hindu OR a Vajrayana Buddhist OR followed the path of Animism so, I figured why do I NEED to make that choice, when I can simply be all three at once? Then I fully immersed myself into a very comfortable syncretism based around Tantra.

What does the path do for me? Well, nothing at the moment because I have totally fallen off it and cannot seem to get back on...choosing to remain "pathless" for a while, because I encountered a 'dead end" and that was probably why the religion died out.

When it actually "did something" for me, I could see and I understand that I was totally ALLOWED to have "concepts" but that I shouldn't be limited BY them, which was in stark contrast to every other path and spiritual or religious belief out there, and it served my precise, individual spiritual requirements.

What do I hope to get out of it? I honestly don't know. I have no idea because existence is totally unpredictable and I have learned not to hope/expect things because that will only lead to disappointment and suffering (see the Four Noble Truths).