Thread: It's Holistic
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2016, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Domestic duties ... no sense cleaning it until it is dirty is my motto lol
yes i agree ... sweeping is important too ... back when the earth was green i was care-taking a farm ... the old federation farm house had 12 rooms .. all bare boards which had been laid when the timber was too green ... tongue and groove, which meant sweeping between all the gaps on a daily basis almost 'cause the grout had gone a long time ago ... I became addicted to sweeping lol
The owner came over one day and slashed a 5 acre paddock and I spent the next week or so raking/sweeping it up into piles ... at first I was very higgledy piggledy in my approach, and wasted a lot of energy, but as I went on I became very methodical and economical in my stroke, and also my piles were more aligned and neater lol ... I then went around with the wheel barrow and picked them all up and made 3 massive big piles and spent the next several weeks sitting on the veranda watching them decompose haha ... the heat coming out of them was incredible ... it was a very meditative process, and as silly as it sounds it was one of the 'least most' time-wasting activities I undertook I reckon, at that time in my life ... it would have rotted down in the paddock anyway, so from a gardening perspective, it was quite unnecessary .. the neighbours probably thought I was crackers lol ....

Well, I had a good crack at the bathroom today, and I'll do a lot more cleaning up tomoz. I might even mow the lawn, and you are welcome to turn up with a rake. There are camellia flowers thick as mulch around the camellia bushes. It's practically sprig time anyway, so spring cleaning and spring flowers, and spring grass to mow, and just a spring... (even though it isn't 'really spring' yet). It's Sydney, though, so we can say it's spring as it's been warm enough, I reckon. What glorious weather it is, to boot.

I started back at Uni today. Bit of a slow start. My new lecturer seems cool, the work looks hard, but sounds like fun. Unfortunately, it's upset my training schedule, I missed today's training, and I have reorganise the routine. I have 5 training days a week, and workouts are between 1.5 and 2 hours long. Luckily, all my classes are on a Monday as I'm only doing one subject, so it's not hard to keep up the training and housework and cooking heath food.

Why is life this good? My karma must rock!