Thread: karma
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Master
Hi Glory
No the answer is okay, its logical it fits the criterion and it has a modern kind of feel.
No disrespect, when I say modern I mean that we do this these days, when the path gets hard, after a long time, we try something else.

I remeber tales of zen buddhist monks spending their lives battling with one koan , ceaslessly working on it and maybe if they were lucky after twenty or thirty years they would get a breakthrough. We fiddle with something for two months and if it aint providing solutions its time to move on.

The puzzzle peices do not always add up to the big picture in my experience, they can add up to a muddle a bit of this and a bit of that, baking a cake using four different peoples favourite ingredients from four different cakes usually makes something vile and bad tasting.

The really hard part, I find is sticking to it, because no path is smooth, they are hard and the ego will kick back hard as progress is made, very hard!! But how can one tell when it is time to say `this isn`t working`, because there are no manuals for this, there is no simple solution.

Each way is like the cake I mentioned earlier, the ingredients are added in an order, in set amounts and cooked for a set time to get a desired result. By walking away from a path during the `cooking time`, does one do more good or more damage?
Is it correct, having chosen a path or system, to just follow it to its conclusion?
Thats what my mate says anyway!