View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
If I understand what you're suggesting here as it applies to spiritual-beliefs,
I mentioned the word "god" in the heading but I'm actually referring to every thought and most every impulse that daily crosses our minds. There is essentially nothing that occurs to us (thought-wise) which isn't domestically inspired or conditionally entwined among our growing host of exposures since we stepped-in as young and influence-predisposed infants. I'm currently reading the book "Paleofantasy: What evolution really tells us about Sex, Diet, and how we live" by Marlene Zuk. She concurs with many of the other investigators that I've read which are focused on the way that we've oriented to our planet as a species. There is no truly set format to draw on since humans have been fluidly adjusting to geographical variables with the rolls of females and males all drifting among differing cultures. While within each culture the habits are rather consistent. It's all in how we were trained. And yes, DNA does play a part in a lot of this but with even that the expressions are variable.

When we look toward the past and attempt to draw direction from past cultures we'll likely never get what they were experiencing directly. You would have to have been raised within that culture in order to view through their eyes. There is more to orienting as a human than just adhering to a list of beliefs. There are emotional templates that are culturally ingrained which become burned into our responsive tendencies and unconscious assumptions through direct and indirect exposure.

Beliefs are the surface representation of inner assumptions, the "witch" thing was a result of cultural conditioning for that period among those whose imagination was contained in that way. In other parts of the world, and at the very same time period, no such witch hunts occurred.

The overall intellectual aspects of this I got when I was around 12 years old. And yet over time I keep revisiting this insight and am continually impressed by how deep this all goes. We are indeed shaped in a potent unconscious way from the moment we're born, which tends to color most everything we view through those lenses. This easily blows over into our spiritual beliefs and religious attachments. All this is part of the same mix.