View Single Post
Old 19-07-2017, 03:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Reiki is not necessarily for everyone.

And though I naturally can do it, it is rarely a form the energy takes, if ever, when it flows through me. Yet maybe it is not that you are not for Reiki, it might be that you sense that there are more to the story, like if you let the pure creation of source flow through you, then it will take the form that is needed for the healing, and as a healer you merely are the channel and the observer, not the director... Now some suggest what I do is not healing per se, and I might argue that you cannot heal something that already is whole... but it is all just potato potato to me. I work with energies, and energy if allowed will always seek balance and wholeness; so what a healer actually do is create a space where those who are healed feel their own wholeness, and thus allow it to flow into themselves.

There are some good videos on different kinds of healing on the Gaia homepage; I really like the ones on shamanic healing as they among others gave me a greater perspective on some of this.

Hey, thanks a bunch for drawing my attention to this site, I hadn't heard of it before! I take it that you must be a member there?

I was just scrolling through some vids on there - looks like there is alot of interesting content to explore.

LOL to the potato comment. . . Yes, I love this idea of working with a person and seeing them as already WHOLE. Very important and probably as I look back on my own healing journey it is those people who already saw me as a WHOLE potato and not just the mashed potato of confusion who made the most impact on my recovery back to anchoring my own sense of wholeness within.

Thanks again, I am really enjoying the content of this thread!