View Single Post
Old 18-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Knower

I don't think it has anything to do with authority being the source of this attraction, since he's not my manager. I don't work in his team, I work in collaboration with them. So, he's got no authority over me.

That said, I agree. He definitely is the type of person who likes to dominate others. He doesn't seem to be like that with other colleagues who call him "very nice", even those who are younger than me. He however seems to be like that with me. An attitude. Maybe because when he first met me, I was a novice and I'm 26, so he views me as a kid. Or he thinks I'm impressionable.

I sent him an email yesterday detailing my analysis. He only replied by explaining to me what a Tax ID looks like! Checking Tax IDs is part of my daily routine! He's fully aware of it, as last time we had an issue with one, I sent a person an email explaining what a Tax ID looked like (he was in cc.). Then, he copied and pasted my own email and sent it to the client. Today, he retreived that information to explain to me something he knows I'm fully aware of. That's the basic knowledge for this job. Please.

Today, I blatantly replied to his email " Hi XYZ, Thank you, I'm aware. Yadi yada ..." and ended by wishing him a pleasant day.

Honestly, he's clearly belittling me purposely. He knows I have two Bachelors degree and a Masters degree in law, so I'm clearly not an idiot.

In fact, I don't like the idea that he's older, so I'm not exactly fascinated by the older guy novelty.

Part of me feels as though he enjoys having this leverage due to his seniority.

Last edited by OnceInALifeTime : 18-07-2017 at 04:08 PM.