View Single Post
Old 18-08-2019, 12:50 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Oh, go on then …. tell us about your visions, don’t be a tease …..

I had wondered if Native Americans did/do have this ‘first childhood vision’ thing?
Or is it only later in life – in young adulthood that you do the “vision quest”?

Actually I should have added to my previous post:
But I guess, in these cultures 'seeing visions', premonition dreams, seeing people’s doubles, communicating with the departed, getting omens, having animal spirit helpers etc. etc. is taken for granted as everybody naturally having them, because it is just an expression and experiences of multidimensional reality orientation.

It is very “white” to always classify/label and compartmentalize everything as being psychic, being telepathic, being clairvoyant, being a medium, a channeller etc. etc. heh.

Oh, one thing.
In the previous place where I lived, my neighbours were an English - Aboriginal couple.
Their oldest child is very Englishy, but the youngest boy – not.
One day my friend was so taken aback when she entered into her youngest child’s room and saw these Aboriginal Elders around the child’s cot (a vision) and also – why were they there?

This reminded me about those Siberians around me and gran.

Yes, it is different living in a Spiritual culture and a matriarchal one at that.
But it is going away.The technologies are capturing peoples attention and lives.

I was lucky when I started walking the Spiritual path (Way of the Pipe), any book I had was thrown away
and I had to gain my knowledge on the land and in ceremonies seeking visions and answers, directly from Spirit.

It seems that people nowadays hear of the sacrifices that are required and
they choose a easier softer path.

Sometimes visions can take years to come to completion.
Just last year I had one come to fulfillment and I had the vision 20 years before.
It had come back in a powerful way and smacked me in the face and forever changed me in an instant.
I'm sure it will still teach me things to come.

Visions are one of those things that we treat with the utmost amount of Sacredness.
We go out and prepare in isolation and purify with sweats and keep a Sacred fire
going the whole time in Nature, that we are vision questing.

It is called the little death, because we are going to be putting our lives on the line
to cry for a vision, alone with no food or water and praying for 4 days and nights or less,
if the Creator and Spirits have given the vision.These are part of the 7 rituals of White Buffalo Calf Maiden
that was given around 2000 years ago.This is where the Sacred Pipe came from.
(Some call it the peace Pipe) But it is the Pipe of Life or The Tree of Life.
The Pipe also represent us as a human being. The stone bowl is the female / and the wood stem is the male.
When the tobacco(willow inner bark) is lit it is our fire on the inside of us that is alive and the smoke is our
Spirit that travels through our hollow backbone and into the universe or home of all the Spirits.
We are recognizing our Oneness with all things.

Enough rambling on my end.
Good to read your posts again, Friend.