View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Hmm... I wonder if that's necessarily true compassion or whether it's self-pity projected outwards. Maybe it is authentic compassion, though, it's just a thought that occurred to me.

That is a very interesting take on it in regards to compassion being authentic or inauthentic. I do feel that no amount of compassion is wasted regardless of it being deemed as authentic or otherwise. To have compassion simply means to "suffer with" hence "passion" is suffering and "com" means with. I think it is easier for some to recognize the suffering of others and have empathy for them because they have particularly experienced similar difficulties. For instance, a refugee would find it more natural to develop empathy and compassion for someone else who is fleeing a war torn country etc. Are they merely experiencing a reflection of self pity for themselves or are they utilizing their experience to further enhance the already present human condition of compassion that lies within? Or perhaps they may even experience these two things simultaneously? Maybe instead of thinking about compassion as being either authentic or inauthentic, we can be more open minded. We are each growing at different rates along our journey of life and just because a person has not attained the Cosmic Universal Unconditional Love/Compassion for All That Is type of consciousness does not necessarily deem their compassion to be any less meaningful, palpable, or authentic.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬