View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav
Just curious. I've been observing a friend (a lightworker). People are attracted to her like a moth to a flame especially ones who need helping the most. She's with them for awhile then their lives seem to be better because she's around but the moment it's time for her to go and help another person, these people's lives seem to fall apart. Why is that? Isn't it that when lightworkers come to our lives, they help light up our lives and when it's time for them to go then we are never left the same and for most, these lightworkers have helped raise our vibration to some level but for others it happens the other way around? I just noticed this happen to a person this lightworker was helping, once the lightworker left, this person went back to his old habits and ways and even seems to be a lost cause now.

It would seem to me that the light-worker might not be aware that they are functioning in the caretaker role. This unawareness might not actually be helping the people they intend to.

It's possible that the light-worker, their self, is dealing with some core issues. This might make the people they want to help feel abandoned or rejected in the process. I'm not suggesting the light-worker is a bad person, but I would guess (from the info I ready) that they probably have some internal work to do in order to figure out why there is a pattern of people feeling ditched.

If we are helping people who become dependent on us we are functioning in a codependent state. The light-worker might feel deficient in an area similar to one of these: acknowledgement, appreciated, needed, noticed, useful, trusted, valued, worthy (not exhaustive) A lot of people in social work deal with some of these issues and don't even know.

We are all at different stages of growth and understanding about ourselves; from a quick analysis without knowing much more I'd say it's probably not just the people receiving help.