View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioress
I think the word "religion" is what's confusing you. I have ask the same question for many many years but it's not a religion I'm looking for ..I'm looking for my tribe and I cannot seem to find alike souls. Am I totally alone?

Warrioress,

Let me suggest that aloneness and communion with others are not incompatible. Aloneness, IMO, enables one to experience the highest degree of freedom.......i.e. one is not tied to the beliefs, obligations, expectations, etc. of a tribe, a group, a religion or whatever. If you look for a tribe and find it you will invariably sacrifice freedom to a measurable degree. John the Baptist affirmed his freedom by declaring...."I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness". Essentially this meant that he was divorcing himself from identification with any tribe, sect or religion. He was speaking as a free man.

How then can I assert that communion is compatible with aloneness? One's aloneness does not remove his responsibility to be his brother's keeper. When we answer the question of 'who is our brother?' we understand that everyone is our brother. Rather than identifying with a specific and limited group we are challenged to embrace all of humanity. In Christian terms this ability to embrace others is only possible with radical or unconditional forgiveness. This, as I have written elsewhere, is the 'cross' that Christians are implored to take up. If you tie yourself to a certain group you will give up your freedom and fall into group think. Group think accepts judgement of others and once this is accepted forgiveness will be verboten. One can participate in and join groups and it can be to their benefit but it must be done with the clarity and understanding that a higher principle is always in play and ultimately it must be protected and defended.