View Single Post
Old 21-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelRain
This past week I've started to fast in the afternoons. After I finish work at 5Pm I don't eat anything for the remainder of the day. Partly because I'm just not hungry, but also because I notice my meditations are that much more powerful on an empty stomach. Anyone else do something similar?

Yes. I have breakfast in the middle of the morning and then my main meal mid-afternoon, and otherwise I do not eat. This obviously is not possible for everyone because of other commitments. I may feel slightly hungry, but this empty feeling is actually quite a pleasant sensation - it is certainly better than feeling full.

It is easier to meditate on an empty stomach, partly because we are physically more comfortable but also because our energies are not involved in digesting food.

Fasting in general is good but we need to find a fast which works for us. We also need to allow that on the second day we may feel weak, tired, nauseous, headaches, etc. These are just toxins coming to the surface, and it is part of the cleansing process. What I find interesting is that after the fourth day of fasting my hunger vanishes and I feel full of energy. It is just a case of getting through those first four days!

Peace.