View Single Post
Old 15-12-2016, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the sword won't slay anything "true", it will simply divide truth from
falseness. it's a sword of light that dispels darkness by being itself.
the labeling of something as evil may be a shaming technique...
designed to delay/prevent the use of it by creatures which feel
ashamed, and fear exposure in the light of true perception.
it may also be a test of your personal resolve and trust.
The sword can also divide truth from itself to create falseness..

Everything you said is also very true and the sword of truth is also the sword of discrimination, being able to divide milk from water...

...just like Hamsa the Swan.

Now, Hamsa (discrimination) is the Cosmic Mount of Lord Brahma, the Creator.

One day, Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu were having an argument over who was technically 'The Creator'...the one who made the Universe? or the one who made the maker of the Universe?

The argument was so loud and heated, it disturbed Lord Shiva's meditation.

So, Lord Shiva arrived on the scene and both the other Gods (the other two of the Trimurti) said to Him, "oh Maha Deva, please settle this one for us, who is the 'REAL God' here...thanks".

With that, Lord Shiva transformed into a very bright, infinite and endless pillar of Light which is called, in Sanskrit, the Jyotir Lingam or the "Mark of the Endless Light of Knowledge" or just 'Shiva's penis', but anyway..

Lord Shiva said to them both "He who can find the end of this column of luminosity will be officially crowned "God of ALL Time".

So both set off in opposite directions (if there was any 'opposite direction') and tried to find the end of it - Lord Brahma riding Hamsa and Lord Vishnu on Garuda....gone for aeons they both were...almost 4 whole Yugas they were gone...I mean, what is time to an immortal, right?

After all this, Vishnu gave up and stopped, falling prostrate at Shiva's feet saying "you win, it is YOU...it is your Ultimate Form...I am nothing compared to it" and Lord Vishnu became blessed, whilst Lord Brahma went; "what an easy task...I have found the end of it and it's over in that direction" and made fun of Lord Vishnu, asking Shiva to crown him the greatest God of all three.

It was then, Shiva became furious...and out of the endless pillar of Light...out of all that was good, came the darkest of forms...beyond dark it was (Digambara) and that form is called Bhairava.

Now, Bhairava had a sword - the sword of experiential knowledge and beheaded Lord Brahma - cutting off one of his four heads...that of pride, arrogance and deception. Brahma's own mount understood more than Brahma did that day.

Because Brahma was a Brahmin, Lord Bhairava had to carry his head around with him for seven years as a constant reminder of what he had done.

This story is highly symbolic and also features regularly through my life.

...and yes, it is a test of my personal resolve and trust.

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah