View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnie
Hello, Mikaela :) Hello, Makoiyi :)

I'm delighted to find this thread amongst other treasures.

Although I'm a fifth generation white Australian person of Anglo descent, I just don't relate to that ancestry a soul level... Nor did I relate to any other, until I became better acquainted with North American Indigenous spirituality...

I respect indigenous Australian culture, very much, and wish that all australians would live ore in accord with the Australian aborigines' way of being, but sadly it is still a precious and rare treat to come into close contact with first nations australians willing or able to share. It is sad, but I truly do understand the reluctance re sharing of culture with people born from those who would destroy one's own...

I thank you from my heart for your generosity and willingness to share your knowledge with us. :)

i just wanted to introduce myself in this post, but i look forward to sharing in the future.

Many blessings to you both

Sure. It is hard sometimes to find those who will listen. And also those who aren't out to exploit or abuse us, etc. However, the ways are important, I feel. Especially right now. The medicine belongs to everyone. There is no word for ownership in my people's language. The Earth is everyone who lives here's home. We have to take care of her. We have to really heal ourselves from within. I don't believe any one way is the absolute, "right way" for everyone. But maybe by sharing ideas and cultures, medicine, and healing techniques for ourselves and our planet, we can help our world.

It's good to meet ya. Thanks for responding. :)