Thread: Curious
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLioness
My awakening began with the loss of many things I attached to my ego. I had a run-in with the law and lost a sense of self and freedom. I felt dead for a bit, lost, confused, and sad. But then I began meditating, which I had done previously about 8 months before but had given up, and I noticed I had a change in perspective. I looked into chakras and began working with my root. Shortly after, I had my kundalini awakening. For me, as well, it was completely new territory. It turned my life inside up and outside down, and continues to do so today.
That's generally how it happens I think. My mate's apartment got burned down towards the end of 2012 and it hit him like a ton of brings, he was in shock as you would be; for a while it must have felt like his world had ended, because he'd put a lot of work into his apartment and unconsciously I'm sure it was a part of his identity. I noticed a change in him though, after a day or two - he'd, say, look at his nieces with a different look (he usually looked at them as noisy little irritants), he seemed to be more present.

When you lose something big and really feel the pain of the loss, you come out of the other side and realise that who you really are hasn't changed, you're still intact, and that's a liberating realisation.