Thread: Curious
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Yes that makes sense to me through those deeper letting go spaces I had to face, my immediate response in that fear space was to create meaning to the fear by telling myself stories and ideas about the *feeling*, when it was just my feeling of fear and letting go that was coming up to release. It was easier to enjoy the beautiful sorrow of the surface layers but the core layers where that *greater hold* sits is what unearths our greatest fears and control.. For me in time and integration it felt like the ultimate surrender, terrifying at times but very rewarding..and beautiful sorrow once you know your safe enough to release it..
It was interesting today, I was out and about reflecting my fear space amidst some old spaces that I once locked fear and stories in place. Today I found my own story self creating around my feeling, I became aware of myself immediately and turned around to a sign nearby..immediately I saw
the word STOP in big bold lettering. I then listened to my feeling and stopped the story and found my centre again..almost as quick as the feeling arose.

Yes music can open that doorway in very profound ways. Songs have stories and emotions one with the melody and lyrics and singer so naturally we tune in to pick up our own subtle layers one with that space in reflection..
What a great little happening that was! No ambiguity there, just 'STOP' on a big red sign Yeah I think this is the power of being the witness to yourself, watching how your mind operates - I was judging myself for it at first, but now I take an interest in it and go 'ah, I see what I'm doing here.' Interesting to see how your body mirrors your state of mind as well, when you're generating thoughts in ignorance of your physical state you also generate tension, unease, resistance (all the same thing ultimately) unconsciously.

Thing I've come to appreciate about music is the relationship between the performer and the listener, and the communication of an emotion or thought.