View Single Post
Old 17-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Master
Post Why does this kind of thing happen with law of attraction

Tera's Party, please bear with the length of this explanation to your excellent question, which may surprise you to discover why the answer has EVERYTHING to do with "letting go", as illustrated in the following 2 perspectives from Genevieve Behrend's book (see source below).

Here's what she wrote, "One of the doormen in the building in which I lived heard much of the mental picturing of desires from visitors passing out of my rooms. The average desire was for $500. He considered that five dollars was more in his line and began to visualize it, without the slightest idea of where or how he was to get it. My parrot flew out of the window, and I telephoned to the men in the courtyard to get it for me. One caught it, and it bit him on the finger. The doorman, who had gloves on, and did not fear a similar hurt, took hold of it and brought it up to me. I gave him five one-dollar bills for his service. This sudden reward surprised him. He enthusiastically told me that he had been visualizing for just $5, merely from hearing that others visualized. He was delighted at the unexpected realization of his mental picture. "

The second passage is, "...your mind is the mirror in which the Infinite Power and Intelligence of the Universe sees itself reproduced...."

There is something extremely important about these experiences that is overlooked. What is that "something"?

It is One. Why One ??

Reflect on the example of the doorman above and you will see....that each and every part of the example is really an interaction within, and of, the One Mind...as seen from apparently different perspectives. Everything that transpired in this example....from the doorman's initial visualisation....to Ms Behrend's parrot flying unexpectedly out of her window....into the hands of the first doorman who was bitten....who then handed the parrot to the second doorman wearing gloves....who then took the escaped parrot back to Ms. Behrend....who then surprised the doorman with $5 for his deed.....is entirely One thing. And that One thing is the Universal Mind.

Think about it from the perspective excerpted from your own post: "Another thing is that I seem to manifest better when I am not deliberately trying. For example I have been thinking about changing to a certain job for a while, but just kept procrastinating on making phone calls and resume changes for whatever reason. All of a sudden someone called me with a job offer for exactly what I wanted. My resume was so far behind. Nobody called me for anything in a long time. I didn't do anything whatsoever to make something that specific happen that I know of.

All I did was think over and over, "I need to take care of this sometime" and poof...JOB. It's as if not focusing seems to work better but it also seems kind of random. Can anyone explain this?"

The expected, or even the "unexpected", realization of our desires is NOT accomplished by us as individuals, though it seems to appear that way. The reason that "...not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without our Father knowing it...." is because our Father, or the SuperConscious Mind...IS the sparrow; IS the ground upon which it falls; IS the visualizing doorman; IS every atom of the money he received from Ms. Beherend, Who is as much an integral perspective WITHIN the Universal One Mind....as is each and every one of US, experiencing the "unexpected" vectors THROUGH WHICH our own desires came to be manifested....once we LET GO of them in our own lives and examples.

Do you see ?

Seen another way, consider all the delicious veggies you've eaten in the meals prepared for you. You recognize that before any of them can be used, a farmer (or even you, if you have a vegetable garden) planted the seeds that eventually became those delicious consumables. Realize that once you (or the farmer) have planted those seeds...all that is necessary after that is for them to be nourished by the requisite soil, sun water, and air so they grow into perfect representatives of their kind (and only their kind).....all by themselves! There is an extremely important point illustrated here. Once planted, the seed, sun, air, water, and soil need no assistance whatsoever to figure out how to do their work. Why ?

"The act of planting seeds, whether made of mental desires or from plants, is the ONLY way to activate the completed pattern that is ALREADY present IN the seed....it's the omnipresent capability for it to grow INTO fruition AS a bloom of its kind. Already!....even before it is planted."

".....we shall not think of our purpose as contingent on any conditions whatever, but shall know that by forming the idea of it in the absolute, and maintaining that idea, we have shaped the first cause into the desired form and can await the result with cheerful expectancy."

It is not necessary to figure out HOW to manifest your desire into "fruition". The entirety of Creation knows exactly how to manifest YOU AS the very experience OF your desire....as grown from the seed (of your clearly visualized desire) that you planted...within YOURSELF, the Ground of Your Being. Just as the mustard seed ALREADY contains the completed plant within it (the "faith" of the mustard seed), so also does your visualization "seed" ALREADY contain everything needed for IT to grow into your experience, all by itself.

Your idea (visualization) is the seed you plant into the "Ground of Your Being", or the SuperConscious Mind, in order for it, not YOU, to grow your desire into a perfect representative of its kind (the "bloom" of your experience of it). Every seed (i.e. every idea) is a COMPLETED pattern ALREADY!....each one waiting to be planted. Once visualized, i.e. im-planted (get it?), you must LET the "system" take complete control of everything required to manifest it into visible form. In short, you must "let go" of your desire, precisely like you must LEAVE THE SEED IN THE SOIL....in order for either to grow. To express the Perfection that already is, and has always been, our birthright, is the Creator's gift of His Own power for us to "grow" ourselves into anything we desire to be...perfectly!

....which brings me to the second passage of this clue from Ms. Behrend's book....

".....your mind is the mirror in which the Infinite Power and Intelligence of the Universe sees itself reproduced...."

Your mind, repeat, YOUR mind, IS the One Mind....seeing ITSELF through YOUR eyes.

Our thought is creative, because WE ARE THE CREATOR.....using it TO CREATE WITH !

As Ms. Behrend goes on to say , "Endeavor to bear in mind that your mental picture is Universal Mind specifically exercising its inherent powers of initiative and selection. God, or Universal Mind, made man for the special purpose of differentiating Himself through him. Everything there is, came into existence in this same way, by this self-same law of self-differentiation, and for the same purpose. First came the idea, the mental picture, or the prototype of the thing, which is the thing itself in its incipiency."

NOW do you see why YOU are the consciousness of the Universe being aware of Itself?

And for the record, it really doesn't matter in the slightest whether the One is called, Universal One Mind, Creator, God, or what have you. The important thing to realize is that whatever IT is called....

ALL IS ONE !

The Universal Self and the Individual Self....are the same thing ! Brahman and Atman are one !

"I, the individual self" is really the Whole I AM expressing Itself as "a part of the Whole"....you.

NOW do you see Who it is that is really thinking....AS you ?

How can this be ?

The Creator is Who we, and each other, are....

The Creator is ALL THERE IS to BE any thing or any one !

"I and my Father are One...."is just as true of you as it is of all your brothers and sisters on the Earth, WHEREVER they are, HOWEVER they appear, WHATEVER they call themselves or you.

"Love thy neighbor as thyself".....because thy neighbor IS Thyself !

I AM THAT I AM AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO OTHER

......means exactly that.

Hope this helps you answer your questions...

Reference: w w w.lightisreal.com/YourInvisiblePower.pdf

Last edited by guthrio : 17-09-2013 at 05:50 PM.