View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Elzibeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
I'm not sure I agree Elizabeth. There is no need for any formalized religion as our relationships with Source/Divine are unique, personal by definition. Yes, others can write about their interactions, but once you form an organization, the goal of that organization becomes to "survive". It's true in governments and it's true in religions.

I cannot think of one religion that has not (a) waged war for itself --which in my book is as wrong as you can get and (b) hasn't inflicted fear upon it's believers in one way or another. There are many sources of fear, but religion is one of the worst offenders, IMO.

I just can't find a justification for the organizations. Sharing is OK but making it formal--isn't necessary.

Lora

You get me wrong, i agree with what you have said, but it is a choice that we all have to work out for ourselves. I believe in nature, elements, spirits and freedom, not dictatorship. However, some people need guidance as not all people are independant thinkers, some are i suppose like sheep and need guidance...which i think christianity refers to people as? Talk about Shepherds and all that . Religion is a dangerous thing, but some people need guidance as not everyone is lucky to be as tuned into their natural surroundings as say you or i. I would prefer someone who has a bad nature to not act upon it becuase they have a religious faith rather than them not have a faith at all if you see what i mean? not sure i'm being clear? lol