View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Knower

Well of course this isn't something you would want to do if you don't know what you're doing. That's why I wrote this post - to see if there were any other sources out there for learning it properly because right now I don't know what I'm doing and there's no way I would attempt it without proper training.

You are right, things can go wrong. People could have memories that are really traumatizing. According to Dolores Cannon weird stuff does sometimes happen in this deep somnambulistic state. She says that this is why so many hypnotists are afraid to work at this deep level. But, I'm sure that when you learn this type of hypnotherapy they are well aware of what can go wrong and I'm sure they teach you how to handle that kind of stuff when it happens.

As far as some people not believing in past lives - they don't have to. You don't have to believe that something was a past life to benefit from it. If it helps you then helps you, whatever you call it, even if you believe it was your imagination. Really it's about helping people not convincing them of past lives, although some people might find that the experience itself does end up convincing them of the validity of reincarnation, but that's okay if it doesn't.

While it is possible for a hypnotist to plant seeds in someone's mind or lead them in a direction which is after all what hypnosis is all about - giving their subconscious mind suggestions. I think that a good hypnotist is very careful about how he words things. For example, they don't give the person a suggestion to "go to a past life where this problem began". That would be leading them. The hypnotist would be making an assumption that it began in a past life when he doesn't really know where it begin. So instead the hypnotist says something like "go to the source of the problem, to where it originated." And it might end up being a past life or it might not. It might have began in this life. But, either way they will go to the source of the issue.