View Single Post
Old 20-05-2013, 05:36 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Originally Posted by .the-i.d.o-man-that's-me
I have respect for Buddhism and I love some of their philosophy however I've never been inclined to pursue the practice's as I'm happy with my own.

The funny thing is though, I've been awakened in dream state twice to encounter's with Buddhist.

The first was about 8-9 years ago, I was standing outside of a courtyard watching buddhist students through a high metal fence and they were circled around what I think was a monk whom was educating them all but I couldn't see the monk in the centre because of the crowd, I looked around me and there were also other's there whom were watching what was going on too, but non of them were Buddhist either, just like my self they were just all casual spectator's.

The 2nd was just last week, I awoke in dream state and was standing in a Buddhist temple staring at a monk, the odd thing was he had no eye's or mouth, there was just skin grown over his eye's and mouth area but they had no opening's to see or talk, there was just skin there, that's all, I thought to my self, how can he eat or drink with no mouth?, that's odd...however his body was well grown and healthy in appearance so he didn't even look like he needed to eat or drink, weird?

He was bald, clean shaven and I also had the sense the temple was in china some where, I just don't know exactly where

strange?...any idea's on whom they were icy?

Dear IDO,

Thanks for your post. With regard to dream interpretation, I would recommend three methods.

One is Freud's books. Under his theory, dreams can be satisfaction of real life desire, can be combination of memory pieces, can be reflection of our feelings and emotions, etc.

The second is your intuition. Dreams can be inspiring. They may help to solve problems, and even predict future. Many people have Deja Vue experience with dreams.

The 3rd is a religious perspective. In Buddhism, when one had purified his heart to a certain extent, dreams become peaceful too. I tend to believe that it's the same with other religions or moral discipline.

Yet whatever method you use, the best person to interpret the dreams is yourself. You are the one who knows yourself best.

Best,
Icy