View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey's
Hello, I have been reading these post and can tell you it is hard. I am married with a little one, and my spouse keeps threatening divorce. So it can be difficult to look inside and see what your inner beauty. To love others, you do have to love your self. And in order to love yourself you must go positive. Positivity breads positivity. You can change your surroundings by being in a positive person. I read an amazing book that has changed my life. It is call "Dark side of light chasers" by Debbie Ford, and she talks about owning all the things you don't like about yourself. One way of doing this is by sitting in the mirror and saying to yourself "I am ......" For me I had to say over and over "I am my father." My father was a rough man and after looking at my actions I needed change. After you own the darkness you can bring in the light and love to yourself. And I will be honest this has taken a couple years to figure this out but I am figuring it out. So to sum it up..... Love all your faults. Love who you are. Love every part of yourself and go positive.
thank you Mkey, and i hope for the best for your family. i shall check the book out.