View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Pinkroses

Automatic Writing vs. Channelling

Hi everyone! I am hoping some of you can provide some insight on automatic writing and channelling.

I have tried automatic writing a couple of times. Although I am able to clear my mind and let my hand just do the work, the writing always looks like "brain waves" instead of recognizable text. Both times, I was only able to recognize a couple of words.

Then, I read about doing something similar, by listening instead of just letting your hand do the work. Today I tried that. I sat down, cleared my head and wrote down a question. I sat quietly and waited and listened for the answer to come in my head. Then I wrote it down. I did this several times with various questions. It worked great, but there is really no way of knowing if the answers came from the spirit world or from me. The only validation I got was at the end of the exercise when I heard in my head to turn on the radio because a certain band would be playing soon. I turned on the radio and heard the band within a few minutes.

Overall, I found the whole experience to be a positive one. (I even felt strong emotions during my "conversation" and shed a few tears.) But I was left feeling puzzled by the experience.

What I am wondering is:
What is the difference between automatic writing and channelling? How do you know if the messages you receive are from you or the spirit world?

Thanks,
Dee