View Single Post
Old 23-09-2012, 06:48 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I don’t see this as correct either. I think you missed Tolle’s point. The point is that returning to the now (first) makes solving problem far easier. With ‘practice’ one stays in the now and does not find otherwise as ‘normal’.

FYI not a big Tolle fan.

Yes this is a very good remark, but I don't see how staying in the now solves the problem.

You could say, "if you do not fear and stay in the now, this will solve all your problems." But in this case, if I cannot stay in the now, this simply means that I have a trust problem. I have to solve this. Trying to stay in the now will not solve it. Each problem has a reason, we should find it and heal it.

I say that if our mind is not in the now, it is useless to force oneself. Instead we should solve the problems taking our attention away from the now. Now will and should come naturally without effort.

How to solve our trust problem? Trust means that everything will be all right. Is this correct in the first place? It is possible that we get exactly what we want, and we have unconscious wishes for suffering. In this case, we may attract it. So trusting is useless. The real solution is watching our unconscious wishes for suffering and clearing them. For example, if we choose to fear our boss and allow them to take decisions for us, they make take bad decisions for us. Although we trusted, our life may take unwanted directions. The problem here is not trust, the problem is our unconscious choice for fear. We should rather work on letting go our fears instead of trusting life. Trusting is useless.
Instead of trusting, we should understand that we receive exactly what we want from the universe, and know what we want.

So it is not the power of Now, it is the power of letting go unconscious fears and mental illusions.
We do this and we reach the now naturally. Now has no power, We have the power but we lost it because of mental illusions.