View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Personality has to do with person and God is not a person and a thing or object. Of course mythological gods have shapes, sizes, forms, colors. In different religions God manifests in different forms for some particular purposes. God manifest in a human form through Krishna, Jesus,Mohamed, Shiva, and the like but such personalities are unreal and God rises above and over all these forms and manifestations. In Hinduism people worship monkeys and those who beleive in personality cults may say God has monkey-personalities.

For example if you look at the Buddha's idol in China or Japan, the Buddha has a Mongolian cut and if you have it in India an Aryan cut. This confuses us if we seek personality in God. God is therefore not a personality

Hmm. You can't be a personality (that's only in the tabloids/lol)...I don't seek a personality in my coworkers or family or friends, they are simply apparent. Their ethnicity is part and parcel of anyone's personality, including 'gods' or prophets.

I'd say a lot of forum members would believe that god not only does not 'rise above and over' but as in the walrus song, Lennon says we are he and so on, lol. I tend to believe that we are all part of one another. I vote that "god(s)" have personalities NOT that they ARE a personality...