Thread: Church
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
'Colly wobbles' I haven't heard that in a while J.
I remember sitting in rooms, the scout huts, the chilly Quakers meeting house that smelt of gas fires and stale biscuits, with just a few in the congregation all singing our hearts out (well they did) Pin-point accuracy in messages, addresses under trance, booming voices of spirit, gentle quiet voices of spirit, faces changing before our very eyes.. with just a few privvy to the greatest knowledge known to man. These are the places it realy begun, to me at least. Now look at us all 'spirit' being spoken of by tens of thousands from all over the world. Incredible. Much of it a bit off track but there all the same. We were getting very advaced souls coming through to address us and through mediums who were often little old ladies in black shoes and all prim and propper like to the cockney types who had us laughing fit to bust.
Top flight mediums are quite rare these days but I see it as a trade off. I'd swap those evenings of bang on evidence for what we have today any time because the word is out. The ground work has been done, and from there all manner of things have sprung forth.. Healing centres, metaphysical societies, meeting houses, gatherings of people who know that this time on the earth-plane is but a fleeting moment in all of our spiritual advancement in this, the hardest school of all.
In the last few years I have seen goodly sized rooms filled with standing room only, not enough chairs. The top flight evidential types will be back but in their and spirits time not ours. Imagine it then....!

G

Quaker house? Would that have been at Wokingham?
We lived there at one time and attended the spiritualist church there which was held if I remember,in an old building which had been a Quaker house.
Can't remember much about the spirit meetings there.
Windsor was one I always remembered most.
I think as time goes on,Spiritualism will come back in full force.
The churches will be full,mark my words.
J.