View Single Post
Old 24-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Ascender
How to heal a gulty burden

Its been awhile cents Iv posted somthing on here.Nothing to much has happened out of the normal, but I do have one reacuring problem.Now, I dont know if this is the right place to post this or not, but it does have somthing to do with death.

Well a while ago I had my first pet Betta fish. I never had one, but had friends who had one. I learned they are a very social and smart fish. So I went to get one. Well alot of them looked healthy and what not but one cought my eye. He was blue/black with some white on his torn fins. He acted healthy despite his fins. That was what cought my eye, ironicly. Was his fins. They were unique looked like a dragon almost or a serpant. So I bought him and his stuff.We bonded pritty quickly espeshly when I bought him his leaf bed. I placed it in his bowl and he would sleep on it. But alot of the time, he would sleep on the side that was the nearest to my bed, so I moved it to that spot. I couldnt even move an inch with out him jumping from his bed and acting like a over hyper puppy. But one day I desided to clean out his bowl.I bought some new drops becouse for a resion, unknown, the tablets I normly used was no longer avaluble. So I fallowed the directions and put Oscer in his bowl. All was ok for a little bit, but then he started to act funny. Thinking he wasnt used to the drops I let him be. He started to get wores so we called Petsmart. The lady said you can put more in so I did. He swame a bit but I saw he was strugling to breath. I slowly watched him die for about 4 hours not knowing what to do. He finly died and I cryed so very hard. He was my responsabilty. My love. Even though he was a fish, it felt more then a fish. It felt like a intellagent soul in a fish. Even to this day I still cry. Even though I had dreams with him in it and heard some splash sounds from his now empty bowl. And I think I saw him try to manifest.

So my quetion is, even mounths after he died, could your pet still be around?And how can I get over this sadness that keeps coming back? This guilt that I feel. I just love him so much..and I mean if he likes staying thats fine, I srtanly have no problem having him live here but I would like to get rid of these guilt and sadness. Its sorta wired becouse when I look at his bowl I feel happy but when I read a story that has the word Betta in it or start to talk about him like this, I feel...depress. So what can I do?