View Single Post
Old 26-06-2012, 06:11 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
I'm also an "almost" full time caregiver of my grandparents (especially grandma) and my mom. I would take grandma as often as possible to the park stroll her in her wheelchair through the forest trail and I would sit her under a tree shade so she can feed the ducks. There are many health benefits for being around nature. I also encourage my mom to go with me and hike or just sit around the trees. Opening windows and letting in fresh air in is good also (weather permitting). I have noticed that many hotels I frequent when I go on vacation do not have open windows. Sometimes they are not able to open them (for security purposes) so I get headaches and nausea from breathing recycled stale air.

Yes coolchic, I'm a big fan of oxygen/aerated rooms too. It amazes that people don't seem to daily air their rooms! Maybe it's because I have a lung condition that I feel this more keenly.

My mum can't walk far and doesn't have a wheelchair; she doesn't even seem to want to go outside much in her lovely garden (we live in a fairly unpolluted area). I have to respect her needs.

I particularly love the fresh and lightness of the air just after it has rained.