View Single Post
Old 22-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Master

Has anyone read the book "Codependent No More?"

I just read something that made me think of this, so bear with me.

I came across the whole twin flame thing at about the same time I started dealing with myself and the whole codependent thing. I had certain behaviors and thoughts towards others (many of whom were just friends and family) that were totally codependent thinking rather than independent thinking.

I've been studying and talking to people who thought they were experiencing twin flame relationships for a few years now, and I just remembered something. A woman I know thought she had met her twin flame, and she had many of the experiences with him that we all talk about on this forum every day. She struggled to understand it and figure out how to deal with things when they became complicated, just like we are now.

At some point during her process, I had an epiphany that I just recalled again. Whether we are having enlightened relationships or not, if we are dealing with them with the same old behavior patterns that we would any other relationships we have experienced, we are actually reducing those spiritual relationships to the same old same old patterns we are used to.

I am just thinking that if we are more self aware of our own patterns, then perhaps we have better ways of coping. That is what brings me to the question in the title of this thread. Is anyone aware of this, and do you have any thoughts?

Please keep in mind I'm not calling into question anyone's relationships. I'm just asking about what people know/think about self awareness here.