View Single Post
Old 20-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Mary Baker

Quote:
The wrath of God is not stored up for the common person who slips with a curse word now and then or gets ticked off at his neighbor.
(Mind's Eye)

I believe a lack of loving, and we are commanded to love, it isn't just a suggestion) and hate in a more viral form is all from the same source and is all disobedience to Jesus' command and is all sin and is all spiritual poison. (My opinion.)

My opinion is that the "wrath of God" (which smacks of nurturing a grudge IMHO) is not stored up by God to unleash on anyone.

There are negative results of choosing to hate rather than love and one of those forms of hatred is to refuse to trust and love God who is love and who is completely trustworthy and certainly has no need to deceive anyone. Quite the contrary, God tries to deliver us from our own self deception.

Like mental illness, spiritual illness causes confusion and vain imaginings. I was once caught up in such as a way of life and my spiritual disorientation caused me to have no interest in God or spirituality.

God suddenly delivered me gently and lovingly and replaced my diseased heart with a new one. A spiritual rebirth was given me.

I think God may sorrow greatly for our tendency to destroy ourselves through separating from our loving Father; the very source of life, like the Prodigal Son. But I believe he (symbolically) stands in the doorway longing and waiting for us to come home, if we will.

Hating our sin but loving us sinners.

I was spiritually cleansed (Holy Spirit Baptism?) the instant before God "spoke to me". And I suspect only that which is of love can exist in the eternal realm. I think we must be "changed" in the twinkling of an eye when this present world ceases to be or else cease to be along with it.

I hasten to say I received no spiritual revelation concerning this. It is just my thought, right or wrong. It was only revealed to me that if I chose the path God showed me I would come to him in the Light.

Since I have often stumbled and failed to completely follow that path I believe I must repent and allow God to continue to cleanse me day by day.

I wonder if this is not one application of Jesus washing the disciples feet and telling Peter he does not need a complete bath but only the washing of his feet soiled by walking in the world.
Quote:
John 13: Jesus said, He that is washed neededth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all."

I know that John says Jesus is referring to Judas not being clean, but I feel there are other applications that may be relevant to ever individual life. Jewish thought accepts multiple applications of scripture such as : "Out of Egypt have I called my son." Applying to both the Exodus of the ancient Hebrews and Jesus returning from Egypt to Nazareth as a child. (Matthew 2:15 and Hosea 11:1)

I don't like to think of cowering before the wrath of God but the more positive thought in the old hymn, "Set your hopes on things eternal, and hold to God's unchanging hand." The hand of a dear Father who loves us.