View Single Post
Old 25-10-2010, 04:07 PM
LightFilledHeart

Yesterday was my birthday, and one of the gifts I recieved was a box of Young Living Oil's essential 7. One of the blends included was Joy, which I have always loved and have often in the past used as a perfume. I eagerly opened the bottle to take a deep breath of the sweet and uplifting aroma I remembered only to smell instead a somewhat sharp and distinctly unpleasant scent, not at all the one I remembered! I put a drop on each wrist and let the skin absorb and then smelled that as well, and it smelled just as it did from the bottle. Could it have gone bad?? DO they go bad??? Are there any other possible reasons for this? I am wondering if there are times when a given oil (or formula) is not compatible with certain individuals and thus exudes a different scent than what it ordinarily would. In other words, maybe that formula not being compatible with one's energy at the time means he/she should not use it, and thus the body protects itself by creating the illusion of an unpleasant odor. I also wondered if perhaps the fact that all seven small bottles of oil were packaged in the gift box side by side might have
caused individual scents to bleed through into one another and "polute" the purity of the specific scent... could that be a factor? If so, you would think the company would know better than to package them that way. Any thoughts?

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 25-10-2010 at 04:10 PM.