View Single Post
Old 31-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Altair

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
My knowledge of dozens of my lives comes through talking with soul connections about their recalled memories if me, my own spirit guide, and other spirits, plus the odd infrequently recalled memory through extremely well remembered dreams and little visions.

I was curious about the 'odd infrequently recalled memory'. I have experienced that kind of phenomena and it is like a miniature vision that seems strong in energy and that feeling like I have been there or done that and yet you haven't in your life. And they are far and few. I just wasn't sure of them exactly. Couldn't tell if it was just my imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
We do get clues. Turned out that my enormous interest for ww2 and german equipment and my empathy for all the soldiers who had no choices, is due to me having been a german officer then myself. And my love for the Old West from childhood? Been there. My love for sailships? Yep, commandeered a few of them too.

Somebody also had mentioned that to me. If there is a certain time period in your life that you can connect with or you find very fascinating then that is a possibility of a type of past life. I just choked it up to me just really liking it *LOL*

Thanks for sharing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Hawk
I know how you feel Altair! I wish I could remember past lives as well. I do feel very strongly about certain places and times, but have no idea if that is connected at all. It can be frustrating.

Yep, I absolutely agree. I do get those quick odd feeling visions every now and then and you are like, "What the hell is that?" =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
If you remembered all your past lives, wouldn't that cause confusion for you upon entering this "current" life? You'd be like: "What the heck is going on? Why am I here?"

Plus, if you knew/remembered everything, there'd be nothing to learn... the point of experiencing a "current" life is to experience a current life! Not past ones!

You'd probably be a bit unstable as a soul in a human shell if you knew all the lives you experienced in the "past."

Your brain might explode.

Oh! I never thought of it like that. I think I am understanding this now. So the whole point in living is to just enjoy life and enjoy and learn every time you have a new chance at living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect earth
You were probably a scientist at some point. Sort of a joke - but we do pick up some natural talents and some baggage. Think about things you're naturally good at and some irrational stuff in your consciousness (which is always helpful anyways).

Well, I do have a story about a possible incident that happened to me that might shed light on a past life of mine, but then that leads me to a question:

Can you have dreams about past lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninoushka
When I'm in a meditation or daydreaming about past lives or my spiritual guides, I try to accept whatever I see. In order not to doubt all these "visions" I tell myself that:
- either what I see is real/true, and it increases my awareness + it teaches me things about myself
- either it was just my imagination and at least I had a good time! ;)
Basically, future meditations, astral travels and whatnot will show me if all my visions are consistent and confirm each other, or if I was just making the whole thing up. Really, when you think about it, what do you have to loose in exploring all of that?

That is beautiful!! Thank you so much Ninoushka! Lately, I have been skeptical and questioning things, etc. This is a great idea of yours and I like your thinking on this. I will definitely keep this in mind. Thank you again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninoushka
If you don't trust dreams or meditation, maybe you will want to explore your past lives through hypnosis. I am very interested in Hypnosis because it is a scientific tool, and I believe that for people like us we will tend to trust it more than just a vision while meditating. Right now, it is something that I'm trying to do research in and hopefully it will work? We'll see...

Oh, let me know! I am very interested in hypnosis. LOL about it being a scientific tool. That is exactly how I viewed it and was planning on doing research on it myself. I just personally know it is hard for me to go under hypnosis, but I am willing to give it a shot.

Thank you wisdom for the book idea! I will definitely check it out.

Thank you everyone for your posts and ideas. I really appreciate it.