Thread: Alcohol to numb
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKEST_HOUR
Being a recovering alcoholic I can tell you that the way things are going for you right now they are more than likely to escalade without you even Being aware of it. I started drinking at early age and through the years it began more and more of a problem for me. I've lost a lot of things, throughout the years and eventually my disease landed me in prison. You'd think that would be a enough for a person to quit but as an alcoholic one always finds a way, or better yet an excuse to relapse. Now I wasn't your typical alcoholic who drank heavily on the weekends only, my desease took me to another level of addiction. One where I would have to have a pint of booze to start of my day. And that was just to function and to take care of my tremors and shakes. I've even had many visits to the ER because of major withdrawals that would have which sometimes caused hallucination. It wasn't till the doctor did a biopsy of my liver and told me I have "alcoholic liver disease" (which is borderline cirrhosis) Is what led to my sobriety. Hearing those words at the age of 25 was a wake up call. I take it day by day and been sober nearly a year, its tough with this whole sc/TF thing going on in the background, but in the end I always remind myself if it's really worth going through it all over again. I know if I start drinking I'll either end up dead or in prison. So becareful, if you think you're a moderate drinker(like i used to think)and can handle it then good for you. As for me, that is not even an option cause I know what that one drink would lead to. From my experience.

Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on pulling yourself out of it all... I can imagine once it gets to a certain point, it just be really difficult to pull back, so your strength is a credit to you.