View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 04:21 PM
shifty123

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi kimmery,

I'm so glad to have an opportunity to share this as my spiritual teacher explained it so clearly to me.

Reiki literally means spiritual energy. Where does all this spiritual energy come from - the same energy that powers up the entire universe - all the planets and stars and every flower and everything? There is one Source. Everything emanates from that one Source.

In meditation we try to touch that Source - that is our highest God experience. But not everyone can do it, so we connect to that Source through beings who are directly connected to it all the time. That's the idea of attunement. It doesn't matter what lineage you go through as long as two criteria are met:

1. Your heart chakra must be open. This is what allows your energy field to enter the energy field of another person.

2. You are attuned to a person or the reiki symbols that in turn are connected to the Source.

All it takes to become attuned is a receiver and a transmission source. If your heart chakra is awakened and you are a willing receiver, you can connect with that transmission source. This could be Jesus - you don't have to pay $10,000 for an attunement (which is highway robbery if you ask me).

The way to test whether it is working is to try to reiki somebody. If you feel energy flowing through you and if they feel it too, you'll know you are powerfully attuned.

I detest how reiki has been packaged by marketeers who make it sound like you need this course and that course etc. Once you are attuned, you are attuned - the rest is just variations on a theme. If you want to waste your money this way, go ahead - that's your choice. I have no problem with paying someone for their time and services, but not for the energy - which belongs to all. That is free.

Basically i learned the basics. Through a online reiki course. The rest i learn by doing and practicing as much as possible.

I also ask my teacher as many questions as possible.