Thread: Ethics
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2012, 06:33 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Heh... once I see that capital L I know the conversation is going to turn into a barf fest. LoL.

It always seems to me that notions such a divine will or supreme person or guided by spirit have no meaning... they're just empty expressions that 'spiritual' people will clamour around.

Personally, I don't have notions of Love or being guided... love is what it is, while ethics rides on seemingly bland principles of equality, respect and trust.

It isn't a competition as to who can make the grand holy remark which exemplifies what is ethical, it's more about how your notions of Love and guidance and suprmeme people and divine will only resonate with some few, while I (for example) find it shallow and contrived.

Of course such grand ideas are considered righteous so will inevitably be rammed down another persons throat, as they're told they have been conditioned brainwashed etc... and in that is an ethical issue.

Your sounding more and more excited when the L word is mentioned.....remember the song...love is what you want it to be...language is irrelevant......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7c5AOg8l4