View Single Post
Old 24-01-2012, 04:58 AM
mac

Westleigh

Serenity, I'm puzzled by your remark that most mediums cannot call on spirits at will (unless they have "special work?" I'm not sure what that might mean). I agree with the OP. I have...............l one of the most important lessons spirit always tries to teach me is that, in the infinity of existence, limitations do not exist unless we create them for ourselves. Now I'm puzzled! You, Westleigh, are telling us that you can connect with more-or-less any discarnate you choose. You also say you follow guidance and don't do it willy-nilly. Are matters that simple in practice - could you contact anyone for anybody as a medium? If so then I'll have to re-think all I've learned.....

Mac,

Yes, I agree that both are forms of telepathy. Again, I can only speak from my own experience here, .............ciousness less or incomplete, just part of something larger. And that being the case, the HS can be a useful source of guidance. Personally, it is not my preferred one as I find the experience of talking to myself a little bizarre, but I know many people find it helpful. This is a good description which I would agree with, I think. The thread was too long for me to take in but thanks. I admit I'm struggling to follow your explanation though. I don't know a widely accepted definition of 'higher self' and running this same thread elsewhere it's clear that others see matters very much differently from one another. Personally I find the HS concept of " being the complete aspect of us which understands our life purpose, etc....." wholly opposite to my concept of our spirit being that. If I were to use your terminology I'd have the higher self being the connection between physical entity and one's individual spirit..... ie lowest self, body/physical, higher self being an intermediate for the highest self, one's actual spirit. That's wholly a personal issue and isn't in line with anything I've learned so I'm not comfortable with that.

As I said, it would make sense to me that this is possible based on my own experiences and that of others I have spoken to. I'd also be interested in discovering more about it. It is a difficult subject to imagine finding data about, and while I'm happy to tell you what I have found, unfortunately I don't have much in the way of quantifiable information to offer about this idea as it's not an area I have explored very much myself. The issue of communicating with an incarnate's spirit seems to me to be at least as important as evidential mediumship. With a rapidly-growing elderly population, with dementia on the dramatic rise, wouldn't a practitioner who is able to reach beyond the shell of affected individuals be a great help?

Perhaps even more so than a medium struggling to achieve transdimensional communication?