View Single Post
Old 14-07-2006, 11:27 PM
tiltjlp

I can barely remember when I was 17, but I do remember that I saw life and school as challenges, and as I've said, I was never bored. I'm just guessing but maybe you're looking to be entertained. Instead, I'd suggest you look for challenges, which can make life more of an adventure.

For starters, and keep in mine I'm a writer and editor, challenge yourself to learn and use proper spelling, word usage, grammar, and Capitalization. Then challenge to learn something new every day, to be smarter, more thoughtful and reflective, and more successful than your friends.

You might not think any of that is FUN, but instead boring. But if you did all that, you'd eventually be able to find work that you enjoy every day, as I do. And since you can't get out of a life time of work, you might as well enjoy your work and be paid well for it. The best part is spending the decent wage you enjoy earning.

I must seem pre-historic to you, but I have enjoyed practically every day of my life, and haven't been bored. Why? I use my God-given brain to challenge myself, and make life enjoyable. Give it some thought, this old codger might just know a thing or two.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 12-09-2006 at 09:40 AM.