View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:28 PM
mac

[quote=Lorraine Holloway-White]

It isn't a religion, Yes it is....it is a belief. No it isn't.... I am friends with the president of our local spiritualist church who is also a minister there. so? I have many other people I know similar from around the world and they all say they are not a religion Some people used to say the world was flat but that didn't mean it was - your friends can say whatever they choose, believe whatever they wish - that can't change the actuality.... but have to say they are and that they believe in God as they want to be able to conduct marriages legally and to be able to do so, they have to say they believe in a Deity. yadyadyady.....
We have had long discussions about this as I said it was wrong and they insisted it was ok to do it but they still say if asked they are scientific churches and nothing to do with religion. One thing you COULD help with - what's a scientific church?
Hope that helps? No It might help you but it won't help anyone who wants to know the facts....
There are, however, Christian spiritualist churches who say they do believe in God, but again, their teachings are always purely in the SNU guidelines.