View Single Post
Old 29-11-2011, 11:16 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulkus
After reading your initial post I am inclined to think that your medication is your problem.

Thank you Vulkus - Yes, I agree. There are far far better ways that I could have been treated. I've researched all this subject in great depth.

I take a relatively low dose of one drug - a neuroleptic - & I hate taking it. The problem is how to withdraw successfully; given my circumstances?

I've been on this drug 13 years - & stopped it 3 times. The first time I stopped taking it I was sectioned under the mental health act & put back on it (forced to take it). The second & third time I stopped; I tried a 3 month tapered reduction; then the last time a 2 year tapered reduction - it is some of the worst psychosis I've ever experienced. No sleep at all for well over 2 weeks; severe black outs (without alcohol or street drug use) - very severe delusions.

How do you suggest that I stop taking it & still function? I live alone; have done for over 10 years; I've been single over 13 years. I have some friends, & am close with family - But my mother is elderly, & my brother isn't supportive of another withdrawal. Largely I spend most of my time alone.

What do you suggest? I live in the UK - there is no help from psychiatric services/the mental health system - they would also be in very strong disagreement to a withdrawal - Just what am I meant to do? I've tried every approach available that is within my means & resources to do so.

I think that I have to accept medication for life - sad as that is.