Thread: Ruinic Q&A
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 04:16 PM
dhaga

Hi Michael. Thanks for starting this thread up. It's great to have a place for people to come to ask questions specifically about the runes, from a runemaster no less :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B.
There's a lot more to it than your giving credit for, the meanings go much deeper than they seem to. Your not respecting the means your using, and I'm not very fond of that. Reading also isn't the only thing Runes can be used for. Galdr is Runic, and it's also more artistic, seeing as it's more musical.

I've had my rune set (purchased) for about, wow, I guess it's been 17 years now. The set came with a little book about divination uses for them, and interpretations for each one. I always felt there was more to them than just a divination tool, though, and that sparked an interest in exploring other uses...

I am currently studying the deeper meanings of the runes, individually and as a whole. Once I feel I have a solid understanding of each, I plan to move onto stadhr (sp?) and practicing galdr as well -- I suspect on the latter, my pronunciation may be off... but I don't feel that matters so much as the heart and intent put into it.

No questions just yet... but I look forward to keeping up with this thread. :)