View Single Post
Old 19-10-2011, 09:37 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana Rose
i've heard that the soul doesn't come into the body until after birth, they do hang around throughout the pregnancy...
everything happens for a reason and the way it is meant too, try not to be too hard on yourself :)

I used to hold a similar view about soul and body to the above. Over the years since our son passed at his birth I've looked for guidance to better understand what the general situation might be. The following is what I learned.

A would-be animating spirit commits to a particular incarnation and provides the 'life force' from the moment of conception. It's not an irrevocable commitment. How deeply and quickly embedded the spirit becomes in the physical frame of the developing foetus/embryo/baby varies.

A soul/spirit which has experienced other incarnations may be able to support the developing new individual without becoming totally embedded at an early stage - as with so-called Astral Travelling when the physical and non-physical elements of an individual can be in different locations, connected by the so-called silver cord.....

Conversely a 'new' or inexperienced soul/spirit may need to become fully embedded from the outset or at a very early stage because it lacks experience in 'driving' a developing physical form 'at a distance'.