View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
One does have to look into things with a balanced mind, because there is experience and there are people.

Gem believes he is and names this entity constituted of memorised experiences future fisions and self impressions, so it is easy for Gem to recount aspects of himself, his finer qualities and his depavities and it is ridiculous to claim this doesn't exist since it is so plainly obvious, and also applies to you.

I know how convenient it is to discount everything apparant and call it illusion, but it does not seem insightful, because whether there is or isn't a you are just two opposing points of view.

If someone wishes to seek then so be it, what else would he do? I can't see this reflects denial, attachment or any of these assumptions. If the belief is 'I'm seeking truth' that is just observed to be, and I have noticed all those placing themselves in wize positions have done their fair share of seeking too.

Yes, I should probably be clear that Im not suggesting we somehow use the idea of 'illusion' to try and escape life, Self, God. Thats not what I was trying to suggest. If I behave obnoxiously from fear, I own it as soon as I can. I dont tell myself, 'Oh its ok to behave that way because its an illusion'. That would not be helpful! I am a big fan of Carl Jung and his shadow self idea and I am not suggesting that we should be trying to avoid observing our behaviour as a way of becoming conscious. The process of becoming more conscious has primarily been one of self-honesty and self-acceptance for me, and when I talk of 'illusion' I am simply addressing the context of this thread and the rather abstract idea of 'self-realization'.

Last edited by andrew g : 05-10-2010 at 10:23 AM.