View Single Post
Old 25-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I understand the concept of the bible .. and my own personal belief is it's one persons perception, but am not gonna get into the semantics of that. Why don't you give nature the credit God deserves?

I suppose what I'm struggling with, is if you believe that God created everything .. including consciousness, the space between us is consciousness, thoughts are consciousness, everything is consciousness .. then why can't you believe THAT'S the image of God? .. or have I misinterpreted what youv'e said? (told you I was confuzzled! lol)

Jules, I have said very plainly that I believe Consciousness is the Image of God. But everything is not conscious, thus, everything is not the image of God, perhaps we differ there. You seem to believe that everything is conscious; no, everything is not conscious. Consciousness is the governor of behavior; plants, rocks and trees have no behavior. When something is conscious, it has the ability to retrospect and introspect upon associations with other consciousnesses. Consciousness will display hope, fears, knowledges, science, agriculture, technology, trade, civilization, language, writting, education, transportation, religion, art, and psychology- animals, trees , fish and plants have none of these.

Oh some animals can be trained to appear as if they have certain " Human qualities", but they only react with instinct, they are not conscious as we are. They don't need to be. One poster here told me a plant spoke to him once, I don't believe that. Plants have no verbal ability to speak; they just don't. No matter how much we love plants, and animals, we cannot make them out to be what they simply are not.