View Single Post
Old 29-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire7
Yes to all... although not to an extreme. I mostly have problems focussing, which is why I have also wondered if I am ADHD.

I have more trouble not eating

I do get intense social anxiety, but have never had an anxiety attack, to my knowledge.

I am always fiddling something or biting my nails to the meat, which could point back to the ADHD.

And I used to often beat up on my lil bro and sis when I was younger

Well an alternative route is to look into spiritual awakening symptoms.

This change in habits if it came on all of a sudden, may be due to that. Many people who are going through it, assume they are going crazy, and start looking for psychological disorders to explain what they are feeling, thinking etc.

The only reason why would nudge you in that direction, is that one of the things that happens because of it - is a sudden introspection period in which one tries to define themselves.

It sounds like you are about the right "age" to be going through one, it seems I was told that if one hits it will usually hit around the 30's ...though I am not ready to say it's an exact science in that regard, if you identify with awakening symptoms, then it may pass in some time as well.

Most of these things you are looking up, won't fit because to be classified as such - one would not be aware they have these issues. Self assessment is one thing that would rule out most.

I have had issues focusing throughout my life and I am not ADHD - though i have wondered a time or dozen if I may be. As I can't sit still for an extended period of time...etc. however I have learned to deal with it, so getting "diagnosed" doesn't seem to be appropriate.

Counseling would help, with much of the issues you would like to work through and get past. Awakening or not, but to label yourself in such ways, may actually hurt more than help.

The fact that you're even here - says to me and seemingly many others - that you probably aren't crazy.

If upon researching the information and you feel it doesn't fit, and the other things still may. Then seek a professional before you jump to conclusions. No one here can possible confirm or help you with such things.

We can encourage and support, but that is all we can do.

(p.s. my brother and I beat each other up all the time...lol my girls have come to blows too...while it isn't optimal, it's a pretty normal among siblings)

You can read up on anger management for tips and tricks how to deal with it, if you feel it's out of control.

Hope I gave you another avenue to check out, that may help.