View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
glpoisson

One of mine that I have written up.

Iwate prefecture in the north of the main Japanese island saw another incarnation of mine beginning in 868. I remember a terrain filled with evergreen trees and the lush green ground foliage that could take root and thrive in and around the gray granite rock which formed the backbone of the environment. No early parental memories remain as at, or very soon after birth I became the responsibility of the inhabitants of a Buddhist monastery. As I grew up I blended in to the daily life of the monastery as a servant, gardener and general errand boy.

Not allowed to undertake formal training, I observed what occurred around me and I talked to the monks as much as possible. The daily life of the monastery included much smiling and laughter, not from jokes or pranks played but from an inner peace and happiness which seemed to emanate from the monks very being. Over time I developed an attitude very much like the monks I interacted with daily. Aided by my surroundings a calm peaceful demeanor came naturally to me. This generally enhanced my abilities to learn and grow spiritually. I exercised all of my facilities of perception, including those beyond the recognized five, to attain a state of harmony similar to that enjoyed by the monks.

Class and tradition prevented the only potential for relationship in this life from progressing. The person I felt represented the ideal of womanly beauty was closely related to one of the more senior monks. This limited any interaction between us to nothing other than the strictly formal necessities of daily life. The unfulfilled sexual energy of my desire found release in some exercises taught to me by the one of the monks who took a less restrictive view on the transmission of information to the uninitiated.

At the age of 34 I passed from that life due to an accident of which I do not have any memory. I used the energy and learning of that life to pursue an intense program of spiritual awareness begun immediately after arriving on the other side. The art of living in the moment and learning by observing with senses other than the traditional five constituted much of this study and practice. Living in the moment remains a skill to be mastered in my present life. Learning by free assimilation of energy rather than rote learning or linear teaching in this current life brings me as close to the God realization I seek as I can fathom. Give me an example and some time to observe and study the example and I will attain or surpass the example.