Thread: Reality
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Wrynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Bird
I am in the process of buying a house. I have encountered a couple of worries due to the building being listed. I asked the universe to give me a sign that it is the right house for me. Well, the next day whilst I was driving, I looked at the clock and it was 11:11 which does pop up in my life but about two hours later whilst walking back to my car, suddenly everything to the left of me was bright , distorted and vibrating, almost as if it wasn't there. It freaked me out a little. Then the thoughts that I was being told that this is not reality, nothing is real and I create my reality and everything around me is what I attract into my life came flooding in my head. I thought that everything will be 'right' if I think they will because it's my thoughts that create everything around me. It was as though I was being shown that nothing matters because it's not real, only my thoughts are real. So this house will be right as long as I keep my thoughts positive. It left me uplifted and full of joy. I am aware this some of this may sound strange, but I really resonate with it.

Now, it did occur to me after that maybe my eyes need testing and I read too much spiritual articles. But I told my mum about it and whilst saying it to her I just knew it was right, like I always knew it was right, but didn't know, if that makes sense.

Hi Freebird,
I thought you might be interested to know that I read your initial post and what you are describing is a hardened philosophical tenet in metaphysics first presented by Immanual Kant, a german philosopher in the 18th centure during the enlightenment period in his published work the critique of pure reason.

Its a small and cheaply priced book but its somewhat of a difficult read, I think you will find some answers to your question. There is some hard validity to what you ask. I highly recommend you give it a go, because this topic is widely discussed in many philosphical classes everywhere and is required reading in metaphysics.

I hope you find what you seek.