Thread: Evil Bible
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakragal
I love it-"cherry-picking". PERFECT description to take certain passages and use them to fuel one's one beliefs while ignoring other contradictions. The Bible was written by humans, well, of the male persuasion, and then further translated from the original languages. This is why I choose to allow my own truths to be somewhere in the middle, and I personally do not go for hellish atrocities as anything to believe is what a loving Deity would want for anyone. Nor do I also think uptight and prescribed roles rule things either. Somewhere in there I prefer to favor that people be kind to one another and also try to connect with the Divine, God, whatever name the person calls their Deity. Some of the most spiritual people I know don't have an official "religion". And I don't think a Divine spends all his/her time arrogantly and angrily demanding humans to fall at their knees, but rather do the work of being kind and caring to the other humans. And in my personal view, to connect with the Divine, one also needs to be OPEN to that in a loving way while not haughtily putting down others who go about belief in their own way. God's voice isn't only heard by self identified Christians.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru