View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 07:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
The thing is that everyone has an understanding of what words mean or point too.

Some differ completely with one and other and yet declare that reality is like this and not like that. This happens when different understanding are had.

This is why you can have a bunch of self realised dudes saying the opposite and proclaiming this or that about Consciousness or whatever.
This happens because of the many different philosophies or schools. One philosophy or school believes one thing while another philosophy or school believes something else about the same thing. Sometimes, people in the same philosophy or school do not agree with each other about the same thing. Some people mixes and matches different philosophies or schools together, and their foundation(s) become a hot mess, all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
What's that say about what is actually realised? That life is but a dream?

Well a dream has subjective meaning it's not realised.
Yes, the average person relates dreams to sleeping, and not to reality and dreams have subjective meaning of reality, this is why there are dream interpreters.

I do understand the dream analogy, but the point that the dream analogy makes could be made clearer by saying something like realize that I am not separate from all that is.

I do not remember 99% of my dreams, if i do dream.

Edit: In relation to the different meanigs and understanding in Advaita Vedanta or non-duality, there are 2 foudational ways that people view the physical universe, as it relates to Brahman. 1. Pariṇāmavāda-the universe is a real transformation or manifestation (parinama) of Brahman. or 2. Vivartavāda- the universe is an illusory transformation or manifestation of Brahman. Supposedly, all of Brahman's transformations or manifestations, must ultimately be acknowledged as unreal, illusory or as a dream before the individual self can be liberated ( this requires the belief that the individual self is seperate from Brahman). Because of this, people can not realize that their I am is not separate from Brahman, as I have stated above.

Last edited by MikeS80 : 04-05-2024 at 09:47 AM.